MY DEPRESSION STORY



Hello guys

My name is Onaedo

I'm here to talk about my depression

People ask me

Why are you aren't you ever happy?

Despite how hard I try I can't bring myself to be happy

I feel stifled, ashamed and embarrassed.



Sometimes I wonder

how I became this way

I have an amazing family,

Good academic results

And loving friends

Everything is fine on paper

But all I ever see is sadness and grief

There is this burden on me

Pulling me down

And no matter how I try

I can't bring myself up


Living has become a struggle

And it's not good

My therapist would always say

Try to meditate

Try yoga

My problem can't be solved by exercise or meditation

It's a mental disease that affects every aspect of your life

Even till now

No matter how much I explain depression to people

They don't seem to understand



I wake up every morning

Feeling hopeless 

And that has become my norm

I'm afraid of the society,

I'm afraid of myself

I'm afraid of the world

This is not fair

Do you think I like to watch myself grow so much self hate and pain


So I hide them

I create this character

That I'm happy

That I'm strong

That I'm invincible

That I'm perfect

So I live this two lives 

One for the public and one just for me

Because it's easier than admitting that I have a problem


And that's the problem!

Stigmatization of people with mental health issues is real

And it won't stop until 

We all agree that mental health is a big deal

Wake up! 

And listen to the silent cries


Depression eats me up daily

It's real 

Please stop the stigma!


Written by,

Oweregbulam Gladys.



Thanks for readingπŸ™‚

Tell me what you think in the comment section below.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Blog

THE VOICE

THE ENCOUNTER