THE HUNT FOR BLACK

This was my second trip round the market. Just one thing had brought me here and I realised I had spent almost half of my day here already. A black shirt. 

"Check the next shop." They continued to tell me as I moved from one stall to another. It was getting really frustrating.

No black shirt in the whole cloth market seemed to fit perfectly. It was either too small or not perfectly as black as I wanted. 

Don't blame me for being too picky. I just needed something I would indeed value.

I began blaming myself for putting up so much weight. 

"Look how fat you've become, now no shirt can even fit you." I heard my inner self say.

Then the thought of buying maybe a dark blue shirt came in. That won't be bad after all. They were almost the same.

But again, no. 

On another thought, I knew I would regret it later.

I patiently continued my search. But my efforts turned out futile. No one still fit perfectly.

It was time to go. I indeed felt bad that I had wasted my day, but I knew I had tried my best. 

I strolled frustratingly to the park in front of the market, where I would take the next bus home. I'm sure anyone who saw my face would know I was really frustrated.

Then just behind the park, I saw another row of stalls. I just thought there was no harm in trial as I began a scan-through journey down the line of stalls.

It was not until I got to the last shop that I saw it. My black shirt. It was hanging right in the front there. As I sized the shirt, I was smiling, because I knew I had really found my shirt.

The male shop attendant didn't understand my joy. He didn't know I was ready to pay him any amount for the shirt. He didn't know he had made my day.

I paid happily as I left his shop and headed for the next bus home, feeling fulfilled.

If there's one thing I know I learnt from this story, it's that;

Some of us give up too soon. Who says you can't graduate with that grade you desire? Who says you can't own that business you've always dreamt of? Who says you're too young to start? 

Do that thing trusting. Do it believing it will come out just fine.

It's still too early to give up!

Written by,

Uche Uwazurike.


Thanks for reading.

Tell me what you think in the comment section below.


*****************************************

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Hey fam, this is me thanking you for all the support you've shown through these past 3 months. It's been a wonderful ride with you guys. I can't thank you enough. 

And also to announce that Uche's Blog will be going on a break for just a few months.

No, it's nothing so serious. It's just school work calling me back with all alacrity. 

I believe we are coming back stronger.

Thanks and thanks for all the support.

Yours truly,

Uche the Blogger.

Comments



  1. Thanks for the motivation.

    We will truly miss all your stories and lessons for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for this. I will surely miss you all too.

      Delete
  2. We will miss the lovely posts 😢, bt we are still with u boss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Deep lesson...
    Thank you for your stories and motivation... Will miss you too

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shirt, is it the one on your profile? Lol.. Thank you for the stories that stimulate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Blog

THE VOICE

THE ENCOUNTER