TO LEAD AND TO LEARN

 If you know or been in contact with someone who has been or just became a leader, you will agree with me that leadership comes with a lot attached.

The lot includes the benefits, the downtimes, the worries and maybe the changes everyone sees.

All my life I haven't had any opportunities to lead or as much be an assistant leader. I was always 'the people'.

This was up until last year when I landed my first taste of leadership. I'll say this was a taste because it ended as quickly as it begun. It was kind of good while it lasted but it wasn't what I wanted.

The next one that came swept me off my feet. It showed me and is still showing me that I wasn't in any way prepared. 

I was so confused. This position was so great that I had the power to determine what happened in my church at school.

The night of my announcement as 'Presido', I sat down on my bed and began thinking were I was going to start. This was just before my guys stormed in with chants of 'Presido!!!', 'Pastor!!!' ...

I smiled as I looked at the people who I was about to lead to where I had no idea about, and I knew something had to be done.

That night I prayed like I had never done before and I got an answer from God actually.

Calm as usual, He said "Be still".

And I obeyed.

I had no idea what I was going to do, but I was still.

I found myself going through it like it was something I was taught at a training for leaders. 

Knowing the right thing to say at all times. This is the best quality of any leader who would want to succeed.

I can't say it was always easy.

There were nights I cried. Cried when I heard the problems that weren't mine. But had become mine by the reason of leadership.

Then one day, one of my friends walks up to me and says: 

"Daniel, you've changed..."

I look up from what I was doing to face him and he says it again

"You have changed, guy. Somebody cannot even talk to you again. Small position you're forming celebrity. No wahala. You'll soon drop this position for another person" Ken said and stormed out.

To be continued...


Written by,

Uche Uwazurike.


Tell me what you think in the comment section below🙂

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Blog

THE VOICE

THE ENCOUNTER