TO LEAD AND TO LEARN 2

That was an eye-opener.

I sat down and began thinking again. Where I had gone wrong or how I had changed.

I was doing quite well. My tenure wasn't the best, but I could say it was one of the best.

My relationship with everyone was normal. So where had I changed?

That night I prayed. With tears in my eyes, I prayed. I wanted to know where I had missed it. And that calm voice came again:

"Be still..."

I decided to let go of what had happened. That was only one out of many people.

But that had come and gone.

My handover was only yesterday. My successor was my former assistant.

He had proven over time to be my best choice.

No matter the lows and downtimes that came with my one year of leadership, I knew deep down that I had learnt a lot.

A lot to keep me going for the rest of my life.

People have failed to understand that leadership isn't just all about leading or being in charge.

It's a period. A limited period, to learn and to unlearn. 

I wasn't the best leader my fellowship had had in all the years past, but I knew what I gained.

I had lots of breakdowns and many bad days, but I can boldly say that the gains supercede them.

Leadership, this past one year, has made me understand that it's duly a call to serve the people you've been called to lead.

It has made me understand that you're always an example. An example to people you may have never seen, no matter how little you think your position may be.

I have had a few people walk up to me with questions one wouldn't be ordinarily expecting.

But I had to answer.

I was their leader.

It is only one who has learnt in the period of leading, that would understand and always know what to answer.

The knowledge can come from anywhere. Even past leaders. You can gain something from any true leader.

It is very easy for the leader to think that leadership will last forever. Unfortunately it doesn't. But the knowledge gained stays. For a lifetime. 

Nobody is born a natural leader. We all learn on the job!


Thanks for reading🙂


Written by,

Uche Uwazurike.




Tell me what you think in the comment section below...



Happy new month Fam❤️
May the month of May bring you all the goodness you indeed desire. Amen.

Comments

  1. Wowwww....bro this is really amazing..the end is simply exquisite...more inspiration boss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Blog

THE VOICE

THE ENCOUNTER